Good news for tennis lovers: Beginning Monday, Oct. 17, Sarasota's Payne Park Tennis Center is expanding its hours.
The courts will now be available 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
But please remember: You can’t just show up and start playing. You must reserve a court. Each reservation is for 90 minutes of playing time. Sign up online or call ahead of time to secure a spot: (941) 263-6641.
You can also purchase individual passes or buy monthly and annual passes:
- 90-minute player pass: $10 adults, $5 youth (17 and under)
- One-month player pass: $90 adults, $21 youth
- Three-month player pass: $185 adults
- Six-month summer player pass: $200 adults
- Annual player pass: $500 adults, $150 youth
- Annual family player pass: $800 (for a spouse and dependents 17 and under)
- Annual after-3 p.m., Monday-Friday player pass: $300
And a reminder: If you're short on cash, the tennis wall is available for free.