Community Engagement Manager
Sarasota Magazine is seeking a self-motivated, creative and experienced candidate for an immediate opening in the position of Community Engagement Manager.
The ideal candidate is organized, independent, a team player, and knowledgeable about the Sarasota-Manatee community.
Remaining calm under pressure is essential, with quick decision-making skills and a clear ability to give directions. This is a great opportunity to be a part of creative promotions and events for the No. 1 lifestyle magazine in Sarasota-Manatee.
- Five years’ experience in marketing and promotion with particular attention to digital and social media, and event production
- Bachelor’s/Associate’s degree required (Marketing, Communications or English majors preferred)
- Experience in managing budgets
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented with high standards for accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills required
- Strong understanding of current marketing/advertising trends—digital, social, print, etc.—and experience developing marketing promotion across multiple media platforms
- Community Partnerships
Create magazine partnership strategy with nonprofits, chambers of commerce and other local organizations
Manage partnership application process from review selection to execution of procedures
- In-Market Promotion
Work closely with Publisher to create and execute digital and print programs to promote the magazine to readers, advertising clients and community partners
- Event Management
Organize, plan, promote and execute both in-person and virtual events for Sarasota Magazine
Create custom event sponsorship decks and partner with sales team for presentation
- Job Type
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
- Work Remotely
Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to:
Include Sarasota Community Engagement Manager in subject line.
No phone calls, please. We will contact you if your skills and experience seem to be a good fit for our team.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: http://sagacitymedia.com/
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Santa Monica, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene and Vancouver.