Mission: We provide exceptional services for persons with disabilities and their families across a lifetime by empowering individuals to live their lives to the fullest.
Tucked just off US-41 on a quiet road where Sarasota meets Bradenton, the Easterseals of Southwest Florida Happiness House and campus don’t quite stand out. In fact, the physical stature of these structures pale in comparison to the significant, life-changing presence the organization has been for generations of children, youth and families in our community. It’s time for a change.
Since 1946, Easterseals of Southwest Florida has supported individuals with disabilities to live their best lives and be engaged in their communities. Since day one, the people of this compassionate, caring nonprofit have offered help and hope to children and adults with disabilities, working to ensure all abilities of all ages have the opportunity to shine. This means keeping ahead of the needs of their clients is a must.
Easterseals of Southwest Florida excels in innovating, seeking creative solutions and anticipating the changing needs of those they serve. This commitment to quality and support has led to the creation of a range of beneficial programs and services designed to make a tangible and positive impact for their clients and students. From child development, autism, family support and veteran services to artistic expression, therapeutic, diagnostic and educational delivery, the organization now offers a variety of ways to help people with disabilities and their families address life’s challenges, achieve personal goals, and feel included and valued in everything they do.
These offerings are all thanks to the generous donors, volunteers, staff, clients, family members and friends who keep the legacy of Easterseals of Southwest Florida moving forward. While these programs and services have been updated and adapted over the years, their facilities have not. With big changes planned for its future and enhancing its Bradenton campus, right now is our best opportunity to propel this legacy of excellence well into the future.
Today, Easterseals of Southwest Florida is embarking on a new and exciting chapter of their story. Plans to construct new facilities and renovate current structures are in place to address the growing infrastructure challenges. The goal is to have the quality of their campus to finally complement the excellence of their services. This will allow the people of Easterseals of Southwest Florida to leverage their talents and resources so they can do what they do best: create solutions, provide support, nurture abilities and change lives.
With your donation, you too can offer help and hope to individuals, children, and families living with a disability. Your contribution supports a budding artist earning an income, a child growing up with autism, a student thriving in school, an adult living independently and a family struggling with a child’s diagnosis.
For your convenience, Easterseals of Southwest Florida offers three ways to show your support. Annual giving allows you to contribute throughout the year as you like, giving you the power to immediately impact the life of someone in need of support. Capital campaign donations help fund the growing structural needs of the Easterseals of Southwest Florida campus to continue delivering their life-changing services to clients and community that deserve no less than the best. And legacy giving, which ensures donors will be remembered for their generosity and commitment to Easterseals of Southwest Florida long after their passing.
Let’s work together to keep Easterseals of Southwest Florida equipped to support generations to come. To learn more about their mission and impact on our community, or to make a generous donation, please visit easterseals-swfl.org.
- The Easterseals Autism Center for Excellence provides education, medical, therapy and diagnostics for children of all ages.
- Easterseals Academy (K-12) provides educational opportunities for students who are challenged by developmental, physical, learning and behavioral disabilities.
- Adult Day Training at Easterseals offers personal, social, therapeutic and work skill training for adults ages 22 to 82 with disabilities. Activities are designed to advance individual independence and expand personal choices.
- Easterseals at InStride Therapy provides therapeutic riding and equine assisted learning programs to persons with disabilities.
- The Lily Preschool is celebrating 10 years of service this fall. Join the celebration on Friday, November 11, 2022, on the Easterseals campus.
- Support all Abilities Shining at the annual luncheon on Thursday, March 2, 2023, at Michaels On East.
- The 27th Annual Meadows Cup benefits all things Easterseals on Friday, April 21, 2023.
Easterseals of Southwest Florida
350 Braden Ave, Sarasota, FL 34243