Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge, allowing pharmacists to prepare personalized medications to meet each patient’s specific needs. Compounding is fundamental to the profession of pharmacy and was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The demand for professional compounding has increased as health care professionals and patients realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available are unable to meet the unique needs of many patients. Patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form that is “just what the doctor ordered.”
Benefits of compounding
- Unique dosage forms (transdermal gels, troches, sublingual drops, oral and nasal sprays, “chewies,” and lollipops) for easy administration great for children, pets, seniors, or any patient who has difficulty with pills
- Medications are free of problem-causing excipients: gluten, dyes, sugar, lactose, alcohol
- Can eliminate the need for multiple prescriptions by compounding compatible medications into a single dose
- Access to medications not commercially available
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, adapted specifically to fit each individual’s body and hormone levels
"The selection of your Compounding Pharmacy is critical. Ongoing training, state-of-the-art equipment, and high-quality chemicals are essential."
Why is PCCA membership important?
Being a member of the Professional Compounding Centers of America (PCCA) gives us access to proprietary bases that provide the most effective, reliable, and powerful delivery systems available. Additionally, we receive continuing education for our pharmacists and technicians as well as for our physicians. Go to SarasotaRx.com to request access to the physician and patient portals to receive numerous educational webinars/seminars on many different topics.
Gerry Letendre, RPh, MBA, CHt, has been actively involved in his profession serving as president of the New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy, treasurer of the Sarasota Society of Health-Care Pharmacists, as well as preceptor for UF’s College of Pharmacy and the LECOM School of Pharmacy. He’s a member of the Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding and the Florida Pharmacy Association.
About Sarasota Compounding Pharmacy
Sarasota Compounding Pharmacy has been serving the local community for over 40 years. Our pharmacists work with physicians, veterinarians, dentists, and other health care practitioners to prepare patient-specific medications through innovative compounding. We are the only pharmacy in the area exclusively specializing in compounding.
Phone: (941) 366-0880
Fax: (941) 366-4977
2075 Siesta Dr, Sarasota, FL 34239