Deborah Hawkes Ph.D., MBA
Dr. Deborah Hawkes is a behaviorist with a remarkable ability to evolve cultures and people. Dr. Hawkes serves the community as a speaker and mentor for women in business. She may look familiar after having hosted a television show focused on life coaching and counseling women. Dr. Hawkes is an exceptional facilitator who enjoys teaching college courses while focusing on public service through her membership in Delta Sigma Theta, Sorority Inc. Dr. Hawkes brings over 25 years of leadership experience in healthcare, government and technology to CAN sectors. Previously, she was a vice president at both Change Healthcare and Altisource. She earned her Ph.D. and MPhil in Human Services from Walden University, MBA from the University of Phoenix, and B.S. from Purdue University. Dr. Hawkes is most proud of her family, which is comprised of her husband Kevin, daughter Kameo and son Kevin Jr.
Mary Lifland, CPA
Raised in Bradenton and a graduate of the University of South Florida Bradenton/Sarasota campus, Lifland earned her CPA in 2014. She began her finance career as an associate with Cavanaugh & Co. Certified Public Accountants specializing in Nonprofit Organization and Common Interest Realty Association audits and has served as a board member for various nonprofit organizations, including Girl Scouts of Sarasota County. Lifland brings over 15 years of financial management, business leadership and organizational strategy to CAN Community Health. She started at CAN Community Health in 2016 as Director of Accounting, was promoted to Controller in 2019, and now serves as the Executive Vice President of Finance. In her role, Lifland is responsible for the organization’s financial functions, including accounting, audit, treasury, and investor relations. In addition, she has been an instrumental force in the organization’s growth initiatives. When she is not in the office, Lifland enjoys spending time with her family and daughter Ryleigh.
- Headquartered here in Sarasota, CAN Community Health has served communities across the United States, with 37 locations nationwide, for 30 years.
- CAN Community Health is dedicated to treating and caring for the continual wellness of people living with HIV, STDs and other diseases.
- CAN is conducting research trials that offer patients with HIV hope for more straightforward, patient-friendly treatments.
- Our comprehensive care involves the expertise of many healthcare professionals to manage multiple aspects of our patients’ physical and emotional health.
- Education and prevention are paramount for us as a community to defeat HIV.
- CAN delivers HIV science-based prevention programs through strategic community partners to ensure information about HIV is accurate and up to date.
- For more information about CAN Community Health and its services, please call (844) 922-2777 or visit cancommunityhealth.org.
CAN Community Health
4440 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34232