Debbie Mason loves serving Tidewell donors and her community through joyfully fulfilling donors’ desires to make life better for others. As president of the Tidewell Foundation, Debbie works in partnership with her board and staff to create philanthropic support for Tidewell Hospice, the region’s only not-for-profit hospice. During the 2020 fiscal year, $4.38 million was invested in Tidewell’s services to 10,000 patients across Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee, and Sarasota counties.
The Tidewell Foundation works with donors to brighten the lives of all served by Tidewell Hospice through support of world-class charity services, specialized veterans’ care, music therapy, innovative telehealth, and much more. Funded by donors’ generosity, Tidewell provides free grief services to 8,000 clients a year, including the evidence-based program for children, Blue Butterfly.
For more than 40 years, Tidewell Hospice has made a profound impact on tens of thousands of patients and families annually across Southwest Florida. Tidewell provides care for all—even those without insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or other payment sources, thanks to altruistic donors.
The Tidewell Foundation leads the way to grow and sustain vital services through
grants made to Tidewell Hospice and its family of not-for-profit care companies. One relationship at a time, Debbie and her team work to connect donors’ passions—including arts, pet therapy, pediatric care, veterans’ care, and training of future nurses and aides—to support the world-class services of Tidewell.
Contributions to the Tidewell Foundation ensure that everyone can live a life fulfilled.
- The Tidewell Foundation profoundly impacts the community through grants to Tidewell Hospice, the only not-for-profit hospice serving Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota counties.
- From hospice care to children’s grief counseling, from veterans to music and pet therapy, we brighten lives in our community thanks to generous donor support.
- Last year, the Tidewell Foundation supported Tidewell Hospice with more than $2 million for charity hospice and palliative care to patients unable to pay.
- Tidewell Foundation grants totaling more than $1 million helped 8,000 people in our region get the free grief support they needed in 2020.
- Through generous donors, the Tidewell Foundation can expand these services while implementing new ones, such as workforce development programs to train hospice aides and nurses.
5955 Rand Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34238