Dr. Carol F. Probstfeld, President, State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
Known to many simply as Dr. P., Carol Probstfeld is a visionary who leads our local state college with strategic business planning while wearing her heart on her sleeve. She joined SCF in 2003 as the vice president of business and administrative services and was inaugurated as its sixth president in 2013.
Under her leadership, the college is boldly engaging its students, community, faculty and staff, and donors to create a future that allows the college to grow, adapt and achieve. The college has updated its infrastructure; expanded workforce degrees and certificates; launched its first-ever capital campaign and built a new Library & Learning Center; added three flagship academic programs at SCF Venice; purchased a Parrish campus; and created a Leadership Academy to foster future campus leaders.
She is and always will be the students’ and institution’s biggest fan! She has traveled thousands of miles and logged hundreds of hours to sit discreetly on the sidelines to cheer on SCF students at their games, concerts, plays, competitions and upper-level graduation ceremonies.
A first-generation graduate herself; Dr. P. believes in leading by example, lifelong learning and investing in our children’s future. As a local philanthropist, she has donated more than $200,000 to the State College of Florida Foundation for student initiatives, capital projects and the Dr. Carol F. Probstfeld Commitment to Academic Excellence Fund. She and her husband, Bill Murphy, also volunteer and attend events throughout the community, always looking for ways to connect and create opportunity for SCF and its students.
- Launched the first-ever capital campaign for the State College of Florida Foundation, raising more than $6 million, thus far, for SCF students, programs and capital projects.
- Upgraded SCF’s information technology, financial, physical and management infrastructure to be responsive and forward thinking.
- Secured a $3.6 million job growth grant from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) to establish a Center for Advanced Technology & Innovation at SCF Bradenton.
- Leading the largest growth in the college’s 53-year history, including a new Library & Learning Center, Studio for the Performing Arts, Science Building expansion and new Parrish campus.
- Expanding academic programming critical to the local workforce community, including nursing, engineering and technology.
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
5840 26TH ST. W., BRADENTON, FL 34207