Mission: Providing and promoting spay and neuter as a means to end shelter overcrowding and senseless euthanasia.
- CLIENTS: ARC’s clinic is open to the public and other 501(c)(3) rescue groups seeking high-quality, low-cost spay/neuter services, low-cost vaccines and prevention.
- HISTORY: In 2019 ARC celebrated 20 years and has performed over 68,000 successful surgeries.
- IMPACT: The euthanasia rate in Sarasota County went from 60 percent in 1999 to 8 percent in 2019, similar declines elsewhere.
- COLLABORATION: Emergency Medical program funds treatment for sick or injured animals at Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto County shelters to increase the animal’s chance for adoption.
- SUPPORT: ARC’s Unconditional Love Celebration on Feb. 27, 2021, is a key source of funding for all programs.
In times like these, the love we have for our pets can unite us.
Your support will allow us to continue to care for the cats and dogs in this community that we love so dearly. Euthanasia rates are declining. Hundreds of animals find loving homes after they receive treatment through ARC’s Emergency Medical Fund. (EMF). Cheeto, the senior cat pictured here, was found wandering the streets of Englewood. ARC’s EMF paid for extensive dental work that finally allowed him to eat and thrive. He lived at the ARC clinic for a while before he found his forever home! Our success is clear in the faces of the dogs and cats seen in “Happy Tails” adoption stories that our rescue clients share every day. But too many animals are still waiting. Too many county shelters are working at or over capacity. There are shelters within a few hours’ drive managing capacity through euthanasia. Residents of these communities don’t have access to low-cost spay and neuter. ARC’s work is not done. Help us reduce the number of animals flowing into shelters so that the homeless pets already waiting have the time to find a loving home. Help save lives through spay and neuter.
To see how you can make a difference, visit: arcsrq.org #ARCSRQ
Animal Rescue Coalition
6320 Tower Lane, Sarasota, FL 34240