Cause: Health Care
Mission: CAN Community Health is to provide a continuum of medical, social, and education services essential to the health and well-being of those living with HIV, hepatitis C, sexually transmitted diseases, other diseases and to enhance public awareness.
- Serves: Over 15,000 patients annually.
- Dedicated: CAN Community Health is dedicated to the treatment, care and continual wellness of people living with HIV, STDS and other diseases.
- Services: Comprehensive care involving the expertise of many healthcare professionals to manage the multiple physical and emotional health problems of a patient.
- Clinical Trials: CAN is conducting research trials that offer HIV patients hope for simpler, more patient-friendly treatments.
- Education/Prevention: CAN is implementing HIV science-based prevention programs and enhancing community relationships, so that information disseminated about HIV is accurate and up-to-date. Education and prevention are paramount for us as a community to defeat HIV.
THE FIGHT AGAINST HIV IS NOT OVER.
- Nearly 15 percent of the population with HIV is unaware they have the virus, according to the CDC.
- The highest HIV incidence rates are occurring in our youth and in people over 55, and Florida is No. 1 in the nation for newly diagnosed cases of HIV.
To address the rising demand for treatment and education, CAN is mobilizing services in HIV “hot spots” and now has 30 locations across Florida and in the southern part of the U.S.
Growing need and impending cuts in government-funded HIV prevention programs make our mission more vital than ever, and support from the community more important than ever. CAN is devoted to delivering vital services to the communities where they’re needed most.
1231 N. Tuttle Ave. Sarasota, FL 34237