Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources' Beach University series returns to the Siesta Beach main pavilion on March 3. In partnership with the Siesta Beach Ambassador volunteer program, this free educational series invites community members and visitors to learn about coastal environments in one-hour sessions.
Beach University sessions are from 9:30-10:30 a.m. every Thursday in March at the main pavilion on Siesta Beach. The schedule is as follows:
• March 3: History of the Key and Surrounding Areas.
• March 10: Florida Fossils.
• March 17: Impacts of Human Behaviors on the Environment.
• March 24: Marvelous Mangroves.
• March 31: Share the Shore: Helping the Siesta Beach Nesting Birds.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs as seating is limited. No registration is required. For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at (941) 861-5000 or visit scgov.net.