The Cain/Wilson Building, 27 S. Orange Ave.

Caldwell Trust Company has purchased the former Cain/Wilson Building at 27 S. Orange Ave. and the adjacent parking lot. The company closed on the property on Feb. 13 for $3.35 million in a transaction handled by Joe C. Hembree of Sarasota-based Hembree & Associates. The purchase is the business’s latest move to accommodate the steady growth it has undergone since its founding in 1993. Designed by acclaimed architect Thomas Reed Martin and completed in October 1936, the historic structure will now be known as the Caldwell Trust Company Building. Caldwell Trust Company is currently in the design and planning phase for its new building;  current plans include replacing existing windows with hurricane-proof windows, upgrading the front doors, updating fountains, and enhancing the brick facade. Extensive interior renovations are planned to create a high-tech, state-of-the art facility for Caldwell’s Sarasota staff. The facility will feature traditional design with some contemporary touches and cutting-edge technology.

Show Comments