Mission: To strengthen Jewish life and identity in our community, provide for Jewish people in need, and promote support for Israel
- Our programs feature opportunities for informal conversation, connecting with other Jewish people, and access to celebrated authors, intellectuals and award-winning films
- Our monthly Jewish News keeps our community up to date on everything happening in our region, Israel, and around the world
- Our volunteer opportunities include grantmaking, event planning and support, and administrative assistance
- In 2022-23, our Federation will host a series of events in recognition of the 75thanniversary of the establishment of the State of Israel
- Our new campus will be the center for Jewish life in our region, offering opportunities for all ages to connect and get involved
The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee is committed to supporting our region by connecting Jewish people with one another, helping community members in need, promoting support for Israel, and ensuring a secure and confident community. Through arts and culture programs, scholarships for students and travel opportunities, overseas and local granting, and a regional security initiative, the Federation is a resource for all to explore, learn, and engage. In 2019, we engaged Brandeis University to perform a Jewish community study that showed our region is one of America’s fastest growing Jewish communities. The Larry & Mary Greenspon Campus for Jewish Life, currently under construction, will meet the growing needs of our community by serving as a hub for community building, an oasis of learning and respectful exchange, an incubator for arts and ideas, and premiere space to celebrate meaningful life events.