Dr. Deborah Hawkes serves the community as a speaker and mentor for women in business. Dr. Hawkes brings over 25 years of leadership experience in healthcare, government, and technology to CAN sectors. Previously, she was a vice president at both Change Healthcare and Altisource. She earned her Ph.D. in Human Services from Walden University, MBA from the University of Phoenix, and B.S. from Purdue.
Mary Lifland is a native to the Sarasota-Bradenton area and a graduate of the University of South Florida Bradenton/Sarasota campus, Lifland earned her CPA in 2014. She began her finance career specializing in Nonprofit Organization and Common Interest Realty Association audits. Mary has been an instrumental force in the organization’s growth initiatives.
Dr. Laura Armas is a General Internal Medicine specialist with over 20 years of experience providing care, educating providers, and conducting research on HIV in public, private, and academic settings. She has served in local, state, and national work and advisory groups like the CDC, NIH, AmfAR, and others.
Katy Wendel is a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and is finishing up a Masters in Health Administration. With 15 years of clinical, leadership, and project management experience, she has been nationally recognized with the Gold Achievement Award for Community-Based programs.
Shannon DiPalmo maintains her MSW in global social work from Columbia University, with experiences in program development/implementation across 30 states and 15 countries. She facilitates community relationships across disciplines for CAN and holds positions with the City of Phoenix’s Fast Track City council, HHS National Work of ART Campaign, and as a graduate of ASU’s Non-profit Executive Leadership program.
Hemali Joshi is an experienced healthcare professional that holds a BSPS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, a BSc in Geographical Information Systems, studying population health, and an MLS in Healthcare Law. In addition, she brings more than 13+ years of experience working with large hospital systems, various types of pharmacies, FQHC, and nonprofit community-based organizations throughout the United States.
- Headquartered here in Sarasota, CAN Community Health has served communities across the United States for over 30 years in specialized medical care.
- CAN Community Health is dedicated to treating and caring for the continual wellness of people affected by HIV, STDs and other diseases.
- CAN is conducting research trials that offer patients with HIV hope for more straightforward, patient-friendly treatments.
- CAN delivers HIV science-based prevention programs through strategic community partners to ensure information about HIV is accurate and up to date.
- For more information about CAN Community Health and its services, please call (844) 922-2777 or visit cancommunityhealth.org.
4440 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34232