- Rhea Law, recently named eighth president of the University of South Florida. A proud fifth-generation Floridian, Law was a founding member of USF’s Board of Trustees and served as its chair. She is the former CEO and Chair of Fowler, White Boggs, a Florida law firm where her practice included higher education, economic development, government, and environmental and land use law.
- Dr. Karen Holbrook, regional chancellor of USF’s Sarasota-Manatee campus since 2018. Previously, senior vice president USF Research and Innovation, USF World, senior advisor to the USF president, interim president of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and president at The Ohio State University.
- Dr. Judy Genshaft, USF president emerita. During her tenure as president (2000-2019), enrollment grew by 40% while the four-year graduation rate tripled. Research activity reached more than $568 million in annual expenditures and USF was designated a “Preeminent State Research University” by the Florida Board of Governors.
- Dr. Laurey Stryker was CEO of USF Sarasota-Manatee campus from 2000-2006 where she elevated collaboration between USF and the community. Under her leadership, the campus nearly doubled its programs and students, and a stunning new campus center was built, a defining moment for USF and the region.
These four leaders are no strangers to trailblazing roles and visionary change. Each has made enduring contributions to the region and state. Together they represent the most impactful leaders to anchor the history—and shape the future—of the University of South Florida. Their collective legacy includes the rise of USF’s Sarasota-Manatee campus as a source of pride, inspiration, and talent for our communities.
Driven by Law’s strategic direction for USF and Holbrook’s vision for the Sarasota-Manatee campus, the university will continue to serve our fast-growing region in vital ways, leading the path to a bright and promising future.
- USF is the fastest-rising university in America, according to U.S. News and World Report 2022 and is one of the nations top 50 public universities.
- The USF Sarasota-Manatee campus is unique in fostering a personalized learning experience where class sizes are small and faculty know and support students in their academic and career goals.
- The USF Sarasota-Manatee campus serves the local region through programs focused on business, health sciences, risk management and insurance, cybersecurity, education, criminal justice, social work, hospitality and other areas that benefit our community.
- Students benefit from hundreds of experiential learning opportunities including access to 12 Bloomberg terminals for real-time market analysis, biology labs at Mote Marine Laboratory, a nursing skills lab and hospitality teaching labs at the world’s largest hotel brands.
- Courses are delivered on campus, online and through hybrid instruction, making it convenient for students to work while completing their education.
- Financial aid and generous scholarships are available to help students, many of whom are the first in their families to attend college, veterans who have served our country and working adults who are returning to complete their degrees or upskill.
- The campus offers dual-enrollment courses enabling high school students to earn college credits as they work toward graduation.
- With over 17,000 USF alumni in the Sarasota-Manatee area, our students and graduates have a wealth of networking, internship, mentorship and career opportunities.
8350 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243