This year is the Centennial Year for the Sarasota Chamber, marking 100 years of working and serving the Sarasota community. The mission of the Chamber is to be the voice of business, creating bold opportunities and solutions for our community.
The Chamber’s programs work to connect and strengthen their 1,200 member businesses that represent 60,000 employees in the region. They host over 100 meetings, events and programs throughout the year that engage members and the community. The Chamber focuses on helping the region to thrive and grow by building a stronger workforce and developing talent for our local employers. The Chamber spearheads the Leadership Sarasota Program, CareerEdge, the Young Professionals Group, and new this year, the Opportunities For All Program, to achieve their goal of helping businesses thrive. Heather Kasten is the first female PRESIDENT/CEO for the Chamber and is in her second year at the helm of the organization.
- Founded in 1921
- 12 empowered women supporting 1,200 businesses in Sarasota
- Women make up 12 of the 14 members of staff
- Heather Kasten became President/CEO in 2019 and is the first female CEO
- Women At Work new event for 2021
- Chamber programs leading the way in our region– Leadership Sarasota, Young Professionals Group, CareerEdge & Opportunities For All, led by women
The Sarasota Chamber
1945 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34236