MISSION: Entertain, educate and engage the community through high-quality live theatre.
- Nonprofit performing arts organization, established in 1929, that has been the foundation for building what’s known as the “Cultural Coast” in Southwest Florida.
- Attending The Players Centre’s 92nd season beginning in October at “Studio 1130” in The Crossings at Siesta Key supports the creativity of an entire community.
- Volunteers needed, whether auditioning to be an actor or assisting with the tech team, box office and more.
- Generous donations to the Center Stage Capital Campaign help introduce the nation’s best-selling community and the entire Suncoast to easily accessible arts and culture near I-75.
- The Center Stage Capital Campaign helps build the organization’s permanent home featuring a mainstage auditorium, black box theatre and extension of The Players Studio.
The future, starring you.
Arts and culture organizations have thrived on the Suncoast, serving as a nonprofit industry now totaling more than $340 million. These organizations impact thousands of lives yearly through breathtaking expression. For nearly a century, The Players Centre for Performing Arts has served at the forefront in promoting and preserving creativity as the area’s first performing arts organization. The Players Centre’s inspiring shows, impactful classes and thought-provoking workshops for all ages have provided an avenue for community-focused theatre, extending from its old home on Tamiami Trail to the current “Studio 1130” in The Crossings at Siesta Key—and soon in Waterside at Lakewood Ranch.
The Players Centre aims to shine the spotlight on the I-75 corridor by raising $26.5 million via the Center Stage Capital Campaign, its primary fund-raising initiative for a performing arts home that will impact roughly 60,000 people annually upon opening in 2025. The new, easily accessible facility will further promote high-level programs and performances that foster multi-generational creativity at an even larger scale on the Suncoast. This is an investment in the future, starring the community.
Want to help make a difference? Visit: theplayers.org