MISSION: Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation is the philanthropic partner that helps Sarasota Memorial Health Care System bring world-class care to our community.
Gifts to the Healthcare Foundation provide critical resources in the following areas:
- Patient Care: Maintaining the highest standards in patient care is the cornerstone of our hospital.
- Education: Continuing education guarantees healthcare providers receive the most current information available.
- Technology: Staying on the leading edge of today’s technology means patients benefit from the latest advances.
- Research: Ongoing clinical research is integral in offering lifesaving and life-improving advances.
- Facilities: First-rate facilities are fundamental to the delivery of quality care and medical services
Together we strengthen healthcare.
Since 1976, grants from the Healthcare Foundation, funded by the generosity of our donors, have been strengthening healthcare in our community. Most recently, the Healthcare Foundation has been helping support the Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute at Sarasota Memorial.
Bringing hope to patients and families facing cancer, the Healthcare Foundation’s $75 million Leading with Care campaign helps support the Jellison Cancer Institute so cancer patients in our community can receive comprehensive care without leaving home.
The first phase of construction is complete, the Radiation Oncology Center at University Parkway opened last summer, and phase two, the Oncology Tower on the hospital’s main campus, is on track to open Fall 2021.
With future plans to expand the Jellison Cancer Institute in Sarasota and Venice, our community will continue to play a critical role in helping bring hope home. Gifts to the Healthcare Foundation’s campaign will help provide world-class cancer care and bring the latest equipment, technologies and treatments to Sarasota County.