MISSION: Providing and promoting spay and neuter services as a means to end shelter overcrowding and senseless euthanasia.
- CLIENTS: ARC’s clinic is open to the public and animal rescue groups seeking high-quality, affordable spay/neuter services, vaccines, prevention treatments and microchipping.
- HISTORY: ARC received nonprofit status in 1999. It operated as a mobile clinic until its current facility on Tower Lane in Sarasota was built in 2013.
- IMPACT: Since its founding, ARC has performed over 75,000 spay/neuter surgeries, resulting in a monumental reduction of animal homelessness and euthanasia.
- COLLABORATION: ARC’s Emergency Medical Fund program provides lifesaving treatment for sick and injured animals at shelters throughout Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto counties—increasing their chance for adoption.
- SUPPORT: ARC’s Unconditional Love Gala on February 26, 2022, is a key source of funding for all programs.
Give homeless animals a chance to find their forever homes.
Since 1999, Animal Rescue Coalition (ARC) has performed over 75,000 spay/neuter surgeries with the goal of reducing animal homelessness and euthanasia. In addition to providing low-cost surgeries to the public, last year more than 35 different rescue groups came to ARC for spay/neuter services, allowing 4,598 dogs and cats to go to loving homes.
ARC also provides other essential services, including offering low-cost vaccines and prevention treatments. Through our acclaimed Transport Program, we provide free transport to ARC’s clinic for our “patients” from rural areas in the tri-county region. ARC’s Feral Cat Program saves the lives of countless feral cats in our community through our Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return method (TNVR)—a nationally recognized humane alternative to conventional trap-and-kill methods. Our Emergency Medical Fund helps animals get lifesaving medical care so that they can find their forever families. ARC’s Ready, Set, Rescue! program reduces shelter overcrowding and euthanasia rates by prioritizing and funding surgeries for rescued animals.
Bottom line? We strongly believe we can end euthanasia and find loving homes for dogs and cats in our region. We invite you to join us!
Want to help make a difference? Visit: arcsrq.org