Mission: The mission of the Van Wezel Foundation is to create a world-class performing arts center that enriches the community, supports arts education and inspires young minds.
The new Sarasota Performing Arts Center will contribute to the economic recovery and sustainability of our community for years to come.
- Creating planning and construction jobs over the next five to seven years.
- Driving commerce to local businesses year-round.
- Promoting Sarasota and the region as world-class cultural destinations.
- Stimulating new sources of revenue and investment in underserved communities.
- Accelerating the growth of diversity in economic and artistic areas.
The future is here.
The new Sarasota Performing Arts Center will be a beacon that serves as a community asset for world-class productions, education and improved quality of life. We’re on a quest to address the needs of our community by creating multi-generational arts programming, advancing educational opportunities and lifelong learning, utilizing the arts to promote healthy and vibrant communities, fostering civic pride and community inclusion and driving new sources of revenue and investment to underserved communities.
A place for the arts. A place for ideas. A place for you.
Driving innovation—the Sarasota Performing Arts Center will be one of the first venues to revolutionize design and engineering post COVID-19. The space will serve as a national model for accessibility, sustainability and safety, using advanced technology to promote new public health standards. Investing in a new state-of-the-art performing arts center is essential to the economic recovery of our region.
- 230,000-square-foot venue
- 2,250-seat main stage
- 400-seat flexible performance space
- 10,000-square-foot education and lifelong learning center
- Multiple outdoor public performance spaces
Discover what’s on the horizon, visit: vwfoundation.org/spac
Sasha Hausman, CFRE
Van Wezel Foundation
777 N. Tamiami Trail. Sarasota, FL 34236