It was a typical real estate day. While showing a property we used the elevator to access the second-level terrace. Unexpectedly, the cable snapped and dropped me and the elevator on a concrete slab below.
The EMT asked me, “Can you feel your legs?” I answered, “Not yet!” I arrived by helicopter to ICU in uncharted territory. Was I to live or die… walk or be paralyzed? They were not sure, but I was.
I woke each day in excruciating pain but determined, with the support of my family/friends, to overcome during a month’s stay at the trauma rehab at SMH. Nurses taught me how to eat, breathe and walk again. It was a miracle.
Raising two sons, I’ve always said, “You have to be a good friend to have good friends!” I must be one because when I arrived home an army of friends helped me recover. By prayer and faith, I stayed strong with a new superpower: Empathy.
I now accept this life-changing experience and know that we can do more than we think. It has served my customers well and helped me realize I can work, give back and be true to myself. When this quarantine hit I had already mastered working from home.
I am proud to be a native of Sarasota, serving my customers since 1982. My goal has always been to get the best value and intently listen to the customer’s needs.
- Enhanced superpower of empathy helps me see the big picture with my clients.
- Big heart to give back to those in need: Selah Freedom, Hospice, Girls, Inc., Goodwill, Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Group, Make a Wish, HOPE, Shoes for Souls, Big Brothers/Big Sisters Mentoring
- Beading artist: working with others and myself on healing with art and mentoring.
- Inspirational speaker: Using my platform to lift up, encourage and direct others to a peace amidst the storms.
- Utilize an extensive referral base network to uncover unique opportunities for my loyal clients.
50 CENTRAL AVENUE SUITE 110, SARASOTA, FLORIDA 34236