Mission: To provide bayfront sanctuaries connecting people to air plants of the world, native nature, and our regional history
The 45th Anniversary Orchid Show: Women Breaking the Glasshouse Ceiling, Downtown Sarasota campus, October 10 to November 29, 2020. Presented by Better-Gro®, the exhibition will combine a spectacular display of orchids and orchid-related treasures.
- Lights in Bloom®, Downtown Sarasota campus, December 13 to January 2, 2021. This USA Today’s Top Ten List of Botanical Garden Holiday Light Shows, returns adorning the Gardens in more than one million lights.
- 2021 Orchid Ball, Downtown Sarasota campus, April 16, 2021.
- Sarasota’s premier annual black-tie gala, Roy Lichtenstein: Monet’s Garden Goes Pop!
- Roy Lichtenstein: Monet’s Garden Goes Pop!, Downtown Sarasota campus, February 14 to June 27, 2021.
- Showcasing the pop artist’s works based on Monet’s paintings of water lilies and haystacks, the outdoor areas will be transformed – through a Pop Art lens – into Monet’s gardens at Giverny.
Support the future of Selby Gardens
This year marks Marie Selby Botanical Gardens’ 45th anniversary. We are proud to uphold Marie Selby’s wish of providing a Botanical Garden “for the enjoyment of the general public.”
Since our founding, Selby Gardens amassed the world’s best scientifically documented collections of orchids and bromeliads and made significant contributions to their study and conservation. Selby Gardens provides access to nature and educational programming for more than 10,000 schoolchildren annually.
In May of this year, Selby Gardens adopted Historic Spanish Point as a companion campus to our downtown Sarasota location. With an additional 30 acres of bayfront to enjoy, Selby Gardens remains committed to being a place of respite for the community for years to come.
As we move towards protecting Selby Gardens for the generations to come, the Downtown Sarasota Compromise Master Site Plan will preserve our history, safeguard our invaluable collections, and sustain our future. Additionally, we continue to expand our access to underserved youth and families, to contribute to the study and conservation of plants, to share our regional history, and to offer innovative programming that connects all with our mission.
Today, you can make an impact for Selby Gardens creating a lasting legacy for the future of our bayfront sanctuaries in the region. Will you join us?
To see how you can make a difference, visit: selby.org
Downtown Sarasota campus
1534 Mound St., Sarasota, FL 34236
Historic Spanish Point campus
337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey, FL 34229
(941) 966- 5214