Bored yet? During this difficult time, local businesses are stepping up to make sure that you’ve got plenty to do. Consider adding these activities to your not-so-blistering schedule:
Did you know that you can virtually visit many of our local attractions?
- Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium has tons of online programs available. Go to their Facebook page and check out virtual story times, “Happy Otters” and Cecil the terrapin turtle. #visitvirtually
- We’re all mourning this year’s Wine Walk, but you can still tour The Ringling Museum of Art and the beautiful gardens.
- Science and nature more your speed? See what The Bishop is doing to keep Sarasota-Manatee educated. And make sure you tune in on Facebook on March 25 to celebrate Manatee Appreciation Day.
- Selby Gardens is bringing the gardens to you. Follow them on Facebook to check out the Dali exhibit.
- Don’t forget to get your daily doses of cuteness. Follow Big Cat Habitat and Jungle Gardens on Instagram.
- If you haven’t made it up to St. Pete to visit the Museum of Fine Arts visit them on social media and start planning a future trip today.
Remember, we’re all in this together. While social distancing remains a priority, support your local attractions by following them on social media, sharing with friends and posting reviews. #commUNITY