Mission: Forty Carrots Family Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families through educational programs for parents, children and professionals in the field.
The agency’s primary goals are to:
- Ensure positive outcomes, both short-term and long-term, for children;
- Build a community of capable, caring and respectful young people;
- Provide parents with information, skills and support to better equip them in the job of raising their children;
- Set the foundation for lifelong success through early childhood education that nurtures a child’s social, emotional, physical, language and cognitive development;
- Promote positive, productive relationships between parents/caretakers and their children;
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
Since 1993, Forty Carrots Family Center has grown into a highly respected agency that serves thousands of families and has a lasting impact on the quality of life in our community through its three areas of expertise:
- Parenting Education
- Mental Health Services
- Early Childhood Education
94 percent of the 5,557 clients served last year received free services, primarily through the Community Outreach Parenting Education & Mental Health Services delivered throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties. These programs positively impact targets linked by research to abuse, neglect and violent behavior while improving school readiness through parenting and early childhood education. The Preschool at Forty Carrots serves 100 children and their families, where the whole child—the social, emotional, creative, physical and cognitive development—is nurtured as an individual through a developmentally appropriate, play-based curriculum.
Forty Carrots of Sarasota, Inc.
1500 S. Tuttle Ave., Sarasota, FL 34239
Languages spoken: English, Armenian, Afrikaans, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian