You might have seen his cooking show from time to time or visited him at the Saltwater Café in Nokomis, either way Chef Rolf has had a lengthy culinary career here and isn’t going anywhere. Late last year he opened a new restaurant, Chef Rolf’s New Florida Kitchen, in the old Roy’s location at Siesta Drive & 41. Staying true to his “Salty” roots the menu was to revolve around the freshest locally sourced fish. Unfortunately, with the enduring Red Tide it wasn’t the most timely opening. As any great chef would do, he changed courses…literally, and focused on the European inspired dishes his loyal following has come to expect. Folks have been known to travel far and wide for his slow roasted Prime Rib and Duck a la Orange.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Try Chef Rolf’s New Florida Kitchen
1. Ambience is Everything. It’s sophisticated, yet casual. Most evenings there is beautiful live music to enjoy as well. If you prefer daytime dining and want some entertainment, the Sunday Brunch is the perfect combination. Try his Authentic Swiss Brunch!
2. Great Lunch Spot. The menu has something for everyone (including GF options!). Someone once told me they like to try a restaurant for lunch as a “first date” before they invite clients or friends out to a new place for dinner. If you’re currently playing the field…add this to your rotation because they recently extended hours to include lunch service!
3. If you make it past first date status, go for drinks and get to know them better. Chef Rolf’s Happy Hour is one of the best in town. There’s a great selection of bar food to choose from (Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio, Oysters, a TDF NFK Burger) and fantastic cocktails. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been looking for a good Key Lime Pie Martini. Tip: Ladies night is on Wednesdays and Happy Hour goes all night on Mondays.
4. Special Occasion Coming? There is an ample sized private room to host your own events, but if you want to keep it simple just make a reservation for one of Chef’s Fusion Wine Dinners or select from his banquet menu which can be easily accessed online.
5. Champagne! It will be flowing Thursday, April 4th for the restaurant’s 1 year anniversary and also on Saturday, April 6th for a special dinner and magic show featuring Howard Stevens. Reservations are required for both events.
Chef Rolf’s New Florida Kitchen
2001 Siesta Drive, Suite 100
Valet and Self-Parking Available
Reservations- (941) 806-6820