Cause: Human Services
Mission: We inspire people to reach their full potential through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Youth Development: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen through programs such as camps, youth sports, gymnastics, Sharks swim team, child care and swim lessons.
- Healthy Living: Improving the community’s health and well-being, the Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests.
- Social Responsibility: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors by responding to our community’s most critical social needs for over 70 years through a wide number of programs.
- Services: Safe Children Coalition (foster care and adoption), Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY), Achievers, Schoolhouse Link, Counseling and Youth Shelter.
- Serves: Over 50,000 people annually and awards over $500,000 in member and program scholarships, and financial assistance annually.
Combining Tradition with Innovation since 1945.
The Sarasota YMCA has been listening and responding to our communities’ most critical needs for over 70 years. From early learning to chronic disease prevention, youth sports and swim lessons to after school care, mentoring and counseling to summer camp, and a youth shelter to foster care and adoptions, the Y continues to effect lasting change in Sarasota and beyond.
By building a culture of philanthropy to meet the community needs, the Y is also on the forefront of preventing chronic disease through several programs such as Livestrong At the YMCA, a 12-week initiative for people affected by cancer; Biggest Winner, helping people develop healthy habits and work with a nutritionist; and Pedaling for Parkinson’s, a cycling class to increase motor skills. Programs like these help Ys find and help people most in need in our community.
As a nonprofit organization serving over 50,000 people annually, the Y never turns anyone away due to their inability to pay. We’re for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
One S. School Ave., Suite 301, Sarasota, FL 34237