Mission: USF Sarasota‐Manatee is a student‐centered, research-focused, community‐engaged university that enhances lives through education and makes a significant economic and cultural impact in the region.
- Connected - USF Sarasota-Manatee is a proud member of the University of South Florida System and the Cross College Alliance.
- Local Impact - USF Sarasota-Manatee had an economic impact of $123.2 million on the local economy in 2015-16 (source: EMSI Cross College Alliance Study)
- Eligibility - Eighty percent of students who apply for financial aid receive some form of support, including scholarships funded by generous donors.
- Scholarships - Brunch on the Bay, USFSM’s premiere event, has provided scholarships for 1,700 local students. The 25th annual event is Nov. 4.
- Accountable - Donations to USF Sarasota-Manatee scholarship funds, special programs or the general fund remain at USFSM.
With a dynamic new leader and a deep, meaningful commitment to student success and the communities we serve, the future of the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee is more promising than ever.
New Regional Chancellor Dr. Karen A. Holbrook brings a spirit of innovation and collaboration to USFSM. A former senior advisor to USF System President Dr. Judy Genshaft, and past president of The Ohio State University, Dr. Holbrook and USFSM are focused on developing highly skilled students who think critically and creatively and are well prepared to meet the needs of a growing regional economy.
USF Sarasota-Manatee is a vibrant community of students, faculty and staff poised to lead lives of impact. Most students are from the region and will contribute to the community upon graduation. Many students are the first in their families to attend college and need financial support. As USFSM grows with the local community—and expands its programs and capabilities through consolidation with USF St. Petersburg and USF Tampa, a preeminent global university—students, faculty, businesses and community organizations all benefit.
There has never been a better time to support USF Sarasota-Manatee.
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
8350 N. Tamiami Trail Sarasota, FL 34243