Cause: Health Care
Mission: Suncoast Blood Bank provides transfusion services and a reliable supply of quality blood products and services to hospitals and health centers in need.
- Integrity For every dollar donated, 91 cents are used locally to serve its mission.
- Nonprofit Awarded SunCoast was proud to be honored by the Sarasota Chamber of Commerce as the 2017 Nonprofit of the Year.
- Saving Lives We’ve saved and enhanced lives in the SunCoast community for over 69 years.
- Longetivity The longest operating blood bank in the state of Florida.
- Locally Focused SunCoast is your LOCAL blood Bank. Live here. Give here. Saves here.
SunCoast Blood Bank is more than the typical provider of blood products. Not only does SunCoast supply local hospitals with lifesaving blood products around the clock, 365 days a year, it also administers a range of medically ordered bedside therapeutic blood procedures. In addition, SunCoast performs Mononuclear Cellular Therapy, a life-extending treatment for late-stage prostate cancer patients. It also participates in research programs working to identify new strains of viruses, bacteria and parasites. As a nonprofit blood bank, it must raise the funds necessary to acquire the most up-to-date and technically advanced equipment to enhance the donor experience, ensure safety of the products and operate as efficiently as possible. Its work would not be possible without loyal donors.
*SunCoast Blood Bank is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization whose federal identification number is 59-0873275. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-HELPFLA, OR VIA THE INTERNET AT WWW. 800HELPFLA.COM REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.