Cause: Human Services
Mission: To provide exceptional services for persons with disabilities and their families across a lifetime by empowering individuals to live their lives to the fullest.
- Inclusive Prek, K-3rd Grade - Individualized instruction, with disabilities and those typically developing. Core Curriculum plus multi sensory reading, Spanish, art, music.
- Blended after-school and summer programs - For ages 5-12 years old that incorporate loads of learning expeditions.
- Work & Life Skills - The high school and adult programs span education to job placement services to enriching activities such as organic farming and performing arts.
- Integrated Therapies - Speech, occupational, physical and new neurofeedback therapies provided onsite and in select partner sites to overcome geographical barriers.
- Respite - Family strengthening program giving breaks for caretakers of a child with disabilities.
- Arts & Music Programs - K- Adults
Helping Abilities Shine
Easter Seals Southwest Florida began in 1946 as Happiness House, offering hope to children with polio and their families. Over the years, services have evolved in many ways to match the needs of today’s community. Easter Seals began with children’s therapy and preschool education, which remains a significant part of its services. But today, services now include a newly formed private school K-3, a high school, employment services, all ages art and music programs, as well as adult programming for ages 22—senior adults—ultimately serving the entire lifespan.
While the age of the population served has expanded over the years, one core aspect remains the same: helping abilities shine. Early intervention, education, employment and enriching activities along with wraparound services such as respite are at the very heart of our programming. Whether it’s a diagnosis of autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, spina bifida or developmental delays and intellectual disabilities, Easter Seals is there to help overcome those barriers to achieving full potential. Get involved and learn more at one of our events: Art for a Purpose, Oct. 13, 2018, Abilities Shining Luncheon March 5, 2019, and the Meadows Cup, April 28, 2019.
350 Braden Ave. Sarasota, FL 34243