MaryAnne Young joined New College in July 2015 as vice president of advancement and executive director of the New College Foundation. As the honors college of Florida, New College educates intellectually curious students for lives of great achievement. Her work is to engage community friends and alumni with the mission of the College, and to raise financial support for student scholarships, internships, study abroad and faculty teaching and research, among other priorities.
“I am inspired by the generosity of so many individuals in the Sarasota community.”
MaryAnne oversees a team of professionals dedicated to ensuring the success of one of the most prestigious liberal arts colleges in America. She has more than 35 years of experience in higher education and nonprofit fundraising, most recently as vice president of advancement at Mount Holyoke College, where she successfully concluded a $300 million campaign. She has served in leadership positions on several nonprofit boards, including campaign chair and trustee for a private school, campaign chair for her church, major gifts committee for the library, and host family to international students.
“New College is one of the finest liberal arts colleges in the country,” says Young. “It is a privilege to raise funds on behalf of the College.”
- Over 25-year period, raised more than $500 million for education
- Exceeded $300 million campaign goal for a private college
- Secured the largest gift in the history of Mount Holyoke College
- Longtime volunteer and trustee in several educational institutions
- Advocate for the importance of accessible education for all
- Deep experience in volunteer board management
New College Foundation
The Keating Center
5800 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34234