Designing Women Boutique was started by three visionary women who shared a desire to give back to the Sarasota community. Affectionately known as the “Founding Mothers,” Diane Roskamp, Margaret Wise and Jean Weidner Goldstein had an idea for an upscale consignment shop whose proceeds would benefit local non-profit groups. To achieve their dream, they sought out volunteers, consignors, and sponsors. They created an inviting store environment and limited their inventory to only the best designer labels. Soon DWB became one of Sarasota’s favorite shopping destinations. And the rest, as they say, is history.
· 15 successful years of operating Designing Women Boutique
· Granting over $2 million to arts and human services organizations
· Hosting annual Gala as well as many fashion shows and trunk events
· Launching popular Salon Series luncheon events
· Expanding store services to include estate liquidation and downsizing
1226 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota