Impact100 SRQ was founded in 2017 by three local women inspired by a growing national model of women’s collective giving. Their mission, then and now, is to empower women to collectively fund transformational grants to nonprofits in Sarasota and Manatee counties. Together they assembled other like-minded women to join them in their mission and built a 100 percent volunteer, nonprofit organization that is changing the face of philanthropy in this community.
The simple yet profound model invites women of all backgrounds, diverse and dynamic, to unite in awarding lifechanging grants to worthy nonprofits. By assembling at least 100 women who donate $1,000 each, Impact100 SRQ awards grants in minimum increments of $100,000 each year. Nonprofits in Sarasota and Manatee counties are invited to apply for the grants. Member volunteers review the grant applications and vet the nonprofits, and each member casts her vote for the grant recipients.
In record time, they’ve ignited the passions of women in our community to unite to effect change. Together, they discover how nonprofits are working to meet the unmet needs of the community. They rigorously review and ultimately fund proposals for impactful, sustainable solutions. As they grow, their ability to help transform Sarasota and Manatee counties grows exponentially.
- 3rd Largest start-up chapter in the history of Impact100, awarded $228,000 in its inaugural year of 2019, with $114,000 to Mothers Helping Mothers and $114,000 to The Haven
- Largest second-year chapter in the history of Impact100 - $342,000 to be awarded to 3 qualifying nonprofits in November 2020
- 100 percent volunteer organization and 100 percent of member dues are awarded to local nonprofits in minimum increments of $100,000
- Changed the philanthropic landscape in Sarasota and Manatee counties for future generations of donors and nonprofits
- Created a ripple effect that is being felt throughout the community with more women learning about nonprofit needs and addressing them with their time, talent, and treasure
A form of high impact grant making that is growing across the country is now here in Sarasota & Mantatee counties. Three years young and 342 women strong. Impact100 SRQ as of November 2020 will have donated nearly $600k to transform our community.
THAT’S THE POWER OF IMPACT100 SRQ. BE A PART OF IT. JOIN TODAY
2020 Impact100 SRQ Board of Directors
AMY TUPPER, VICE PRESIDENT
JOANNA BENANTE, SECRETARY & DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
ANDREA MCHENRY, TREASURER
TONI SCHEMMEL, DIRECTOR OF GRANTS
BETSY FRIEDMAN, DIRECTOR OF MEMBERSHIP
DIANNA MANOOGIAN, IT/WEBSITE DIRECTOR
MICHELLE FISHER, GRANTS DIRECTOR
JULIE BRUM, CO-TREASURER
KIM FIERST, FOCUS AREA DIRECTOR
KRISTIN HOLM, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
DANA DUCKMAN, CIRC DIRECTOR
ROSE DALSANDRO, MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
BIRGIT SROKA, CO-SECRETARY
PATRICIA MERINGER, GOVERNANCE DIRECTOR
JOANNE FABEC, EVENTS DIRECTOR
TILLY VALLS-MCFADDEN, ADVISORY DIRECTOR
This article was generously paid for by the 2020 Impact100 SRQ Board of Directors. They have experienced the joy of collective giving firsthand and wish to share it by inviting all women to join in their mission.